Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Decompressing

I've been taking it really easy on Corbin this week. He needs a fairly long decompression time after having his schedule messed with(our weekend away). He is doing much better today. He wanted to do more formal learning today. They have both been doing their HWT, ETC and Math but I've been letting them both chose when they want to stop. Usually I plan Corbins out to how far I want him to go that day. We've been reading a lot. We watched a video about families in Sweden. We baked some cookies. They spent a lot of time outside. All easy relaxing things to allow Corbin his time to readjust.

All this decompression has left me with ample time to plan school for next week. Corb has requested to learn about knights, castles and kings. Giddy-up that sounds like fun. Next week is all about knights. I am going to have him go through the week as a page, squire and finally a knighting ceremony. I found a bunch of fun activities. We are also going to start up some Science/Nature study.

Friday we may go meet with a homeschooling group. They are going to playing group games. Not sure what that means but they seem like a fun group. Corb was showing some resistance to going to chess this week so we may just skip it since we are "going to town" on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment