Thursday, July 9, 2009

Day 3

Corb was in an ok mood yesterday. Not really much to note other than some intentional antagaonizing in the evening followed by defience. Shortly after he went to sleep. He did really well with school, quickly going through everything.

I set up a "safe place" for him Tuesday night, this may have helped him over the course of the day. I removed a bunch of furniture from his room, added a desk I scored at a consignment shop that I plan to stock up with the coming school sales. I also added a bean bag chair and a spot for all of his favorite books. A few toys that are just his, some new puzzles and I popped my Lego cherry by buying our first set of Legos and a small table I also found at the consignment store.

We told him he can go into his room, no questions asked, when he starts to feel angry or just needs to get away from everyone. We also told him that if we notice he needs some alone time we will ask him to go there, but that he is not going because he is in "trouble". He was very happy with this idea.

Math-SM1B 3 number subtraction, he picked it up very well.

Language Arts-
Grammer-First Language Lessons 1st Lesson "What is a Noun?"
Phonics- ETC 1 page, 2nd Bob Book in 3rd set
Reading Comprehension-1st exercise in workbook to help with reading comprehension
Writing- HWT 1 page

Science- Continued our talk about Mammals. He picked Elephants as one of the Mammals he wanted to study. We read "Watch me Grow Elephant". Looked at African and Indian elephants on internet and learned how to tell the difference between the two. We also listened to different elephant noises and watch a few videos on youtube. Corb liked the elephants charging..ahem. We also walked like elephants. Last we followed the migration of the Elephants of Cameroon, it is a Google Earth download and pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment