Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Co-op=fun

We had a lot of fun visiting the co-op yesterday. I definitely think we will be registering for classes in fall. Corb really seemed to thrive in the classes. He was very proud of himself for answering some questions. The classes are not over done, very relaxed and a lot of fun. In Science, they children were having so much fun doing their project that the teacher left them keep working on it instead of moving on. I think that is awesome. The classes were nice and small, only 7 kids in each class. For Sports they were learning about volleyball. Clint was super excited about that. Everyone was so friendly. Again, we just really had a lot of fun. We did talk and read some St. Patricks Day books at home in the evening.

Today:
English: ETC pg 9-10. Corb did very well with this today. He did not get frustrated at all. YAY!

Math: Finished Review test(very good). Stared addition of numbers to 20. Understood it right away and ran with it. Finally talked him into making his number "1" in one line instead of with a hook and line across the bottom. I would not have cared but his previous "1's" really looked like his 2's. It was a little confusing. This afternoon we will be playing "Candy Store" with real candy and play money. He has been looking forward to this all week.

Reading: "The Story of Money", "Alexander, Who Used to be Rich Last Sunday", "Someday a Tree".

Other: I found a cool magnet toy at the consignment store on Monday. He is playing with it right now.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked the homeschool co-op .I am really jealous,I would love somrthing like that near us.

    ReplyDelete